Our Firm Protects the Rights of Des Moines Brain and Head Injury Victims
Recovering for catastrophic injuries
A head injury is one of the most devastating types of injuries, because the medical condition can affect every aspect of your life. In addition, the mechanisms of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) are not well understood, so treatments are sometimes limited. Yet, even in mild cases, people may have to undergo physical therapy and pain management. In the worst cases, lives may be irreversibly altered.
The Hope Law Firm, PLC can guide you and your family through the legal process to recover damages from the negligent corporation or person who caused your accident. Our lawyers consider current costs and anticipate future damages when we calculate rightful compensation. We offer Hope for recovery.
Symptoms of head injuries
You may not even realize you sustained a head injury until you begin to notice symptoms like these in the days or weeks following the accident:
Symptoms can become debilitating and more painful. Even head injuries considered mild can trigger long-term problems.
Lifelong care for traumatic brain damage
Severe TBI can cause lifelong disabilities that can leave the victim completely dependent on family members and healthcare workers. In these tragic cases, family members may have to provide 24-hour care while watching their loved one suffer from:
If your family member sustained a severe TBI, our lawyers can assist you in suing the negligent party on the person’s behalf and to recover for your own losses. We can also pursue a wrongful death claim if your family member dies from a head injury.
Leading causes of TBI
According to the Mayo Clinic, common causes of TBI include:
- Falls — Including construction site accidents, slip and fall accidents on unsafe property, falls from defective ladders and nursing home neglect
- Motor vehicle crashes — Involving cars, tractor-trailers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, bicycles and pedestrians
- Violence — Equaling about 20 percent of all TBI, includes gunshot wounds, blunt trauma, fistfights and shaken baby syndrome
- Sports-related injuries — Especially in such sports as gymnastics, boxing, football, hockey, lacrosse, skateboarding, snowboarding and other contact or extreme sports
- Explosives — Even if an object does not physically come in contact with the head
Any blow to the head can result in a traumatic brain injury ranging from mild to severe. If you or a loved one suffered brain damage, our lawyers can help you pursue justice.
Pursue compensation for a serious head injury
The Hope Law Firm, PLC represents victims of head injuries and their families throughout Des Moines, West Des Moines and the surrounding Iowa communities. Our personal injury lawyers are compassionate and determined, and we can guide you through the legal process. Call our team for help today at 515.255.3559 or contact us online. So you can get the justice you deserve, we offer a free consultation and do not charge attorney fees unless we win your case.